Step 2. After you are logged into AIM, Under "My Accommodations, select "List Accommodations".
3. From "Select Accommodations for Your Classes", review the Important Note and proceed to "Step 1: Select Class(es)"
4. Select the corresponding checkbox for each of the courses that you are requesting accommodations for at this time.
5. Review each statement in the box below.
6. Click on "Step 2 - Continue to Customize Your Accommodations".
7. Review each of your indicated courses and “Select Accommodation(s) for [course]” by checking the corresponding box next to the accommodations you are requesting—please ensure that you review and select accommodations for each course.
Note: Approved accommodations are determined at the Access Planning Meeting “intake” when you first register with Disability Services. You can modify your accommodation request at any time during the semester; however, accommodations are not retroactive).
8. If you would like to have your FNL emailed to your professor/instructor for each course check the box that indicates “Select the check box if you would like DS to email this accommodation letter…”
9. Click on “Submit Your Accommodation Requests.”
10. Follow up with each professor/instructor after the Faculty Notification Letter is emailed; DS recommends that you meet with your professor (during office hours or schedule an appointment to meet), although you may consider sending an email to make such arrangements.
Example of email to Professor:
As you know, Disability Services recently emailed you a letter regarding my approved academic accomodations for this semester. I would like to set up a time to discuss this information with you to determine how we will implement these accommodations and to answer any questions you may have about my accommodation needs.
Please let me know if you have any questions.